best hotels in rome, italy

Grande Bretagne, Mykonos- Our main interests while in Rome would be (in order): great food, walking tours of the top sights, museums. The best restaurants in Rome: Salumeria Roscioli (upscale deli with a spectacular Italian restaurant and excellent wine list) • Emma Pizzeria (best pizzeria in Rome, wood-fired with fresh, local ingredients) • Armando al Pantheon (for classic Roman cooking by the Pantheon) • Colline Emiliane (gourmet restaurant for Northern Italian fare), Best gelato in Rome: Fatamorgana (creative flavours in branches across the city) • Best bakery: Pasticceria Regoli (traditional Italian pastries, family-owned for over 100 years) • Best cheese: Volpetti (historic deli in the Testaccio neighbourhood) • Best wine: Trimani (huge selection of international wines near Termini) • Best cafe: Caffè Sant’Eustachio (central cafe famous for its coffee) • Best takeaway: Pizzarium (gourmet sliced pizza near the Vatican Museums) • Best chocolate: Confetteria Moriondo & Gariglio (magical confectioners’ in the historic center). Service is excellent, rooms feature antiques and deep carpets, and there’s a great rooftop restaurant with fabulous views. ), departing on a Mediterranean cruise on the 3rd day. The district’s medieval alleyways are also a sight in themselves, and it’s always enjoyable to stroll around, browsing the small artisan shops and lapping up the bustling local vibe. If you’re into mosaics, you’ll also enjoy the Basilica di Santa Maria Maggiore and the Basilica di Santa Prassede, a little known church hidden away in a quiet back lane. So we need a good inexpensive hotel near the station. Single tickets cover one metro trip and then as many bus or tram journeys as you want within the 100-minute time limit. Popular luxury hotels in Rome include Portrait Roma, Singer Palace Hotel, and Martis Palace Hotel Rome. We’re open to anything, and really just looking for something great. Don’t need much frills, but I really want location and cleanliness. Rooms are individually decorated with a mix of contemporary décor and original fittings, and there’s a lovely panoramic terrace. As in all large cities, there are some difficult areas but they are a long way from the center and unless you actively go searching for them you’re unlikely to end up there. Will be staying in Rome for two days with my family June 19th to 21st (4 of us – my daughter-in-law. Over the river, Trastevere is a wonderful place to stay. There are also frequent buses and trams to the center. Any recommendations? Mother is 80 years old so happy to walk around at the sights but best if have access to good public transport to get around from the hotel itself. If not, which place should I take off my list? Multi-ticket, day passes, week passes? One such is Pizzeria Gino Sorbillo, my favourite place for authentic Neapolitan pizza, which opens Monday through Saturday. First off, love your site! • Hotel website • Check prices on Booking.com, Hotel phone: +39 06 47091 Once you’ve crossed the bridge, look left and there, at the end of Via della Conciliazione, is St Peter’s Basilica. Hi Dave, my name is Tina Ho. A stately mansion set in the middle of Rome, this is an oasis of old-fashioned charm and calm. It’s situated on Via dei Condotti, Rome’s premier shopping strip, and is within easy walking distance of many top sights and restaurants. Hotel phone: +39 06 699340 Further out from the center, the Testaccio neighborhood is something of a nightlife hotspot. Convenient location near the train station. – Are there any luxury hotels in Trastevere? The Amalfi Coast is longer and its various small towns are linked by road. Are there any neighborhoods of Rome that aren’t safe and we should avoid? This weekend market is a browser’s delight with stalls selling everything from objets d’art to second-hand books and vintage clothes. All rooms feature large, sunny windows overlooking the gardens. 3) On the Rome vs Naples pizza question, it’s really a matter of taste: Roman pizzas have a thin, crispy base, whilst in Naples, the base is taller and chewier, more deep-pan in style. Both are great hotels but for location I’d go for the Inn at the Spanish Steps. Want to be able to walk out our door and find good food and good fun within no more than a five minute walk. Rome Tourism: Tripadvisor has 5,112,050 reviews of Rome Hotels, Attractions, and Restaurants making it your best Rome resource. Petinos Beach Hotel is right at Platys Gialos beach (and the bus stops just out the door), so it’s a little closer to everything but not as relaxing. Mystique. So a good location for dining is important. But the greatest concentration of ruins lies in the area southeast of the historic center. This tree-lined boulevard was the epicenter of Rome’s dolce vita in the late 1950s and early 60s. Lastly, any recommendations on how to get from place to place on our itinerary…plane or high speed boat? Inside, it’s similarly striking with a collection of Picasso ceramics in the lobby, a floor of minimalist Richard Meier designed rooms, and a spectacular rooftop restaurant. I assume you mean Leonardo da Vinci airport (also known as Fiumicino) not the smaller Ciampino airport. Electra Palace We’ll be arriving at Rome Termini late at night (early May) from Naples. Another Rome hotel with a great location is the Hotel Campo de’ Fiori. It has some amazing ancient sculptures and a series of sensational Roman mosaics. A stately five-star with smart rooms, various bars and restaurants, and a small rooftop pool (open May to September), it’s the most visually impressive of the three. Enjoy one of the city's finest stays with our guide to the best hotels in Rome, from boutique hostels to luxury lodgings in a historic convent Any preferences? That said, if it were me choosing, I’d try for the Amalfi Coast. – Do you think this is a good choice for honeymooners? Alternatively, the Hotel de Russie by Piazza del Popolo is another long-standing favourite, much beloved of visiting VIPs. Tucked away in a quiet back lane, it has contemporary styled rooms, a roof terrace, even its own ancient ruins – look near the reception area. Not looking for sophisticated clubs. The surrounding streets are lively and there are hundreds of restaurants, bars and cafes to choose from – try Armando al Pantheon for classic Roman cuisine or Caffè Sant’Eustachio for superb coffee. Can you please, please, please reply to this comment? What would be your top 3 hotels? My husband and I are doing a 14 day journey through Italy in late April. Afterwards, you could catch some jazz at Big Mama, a historic basement venue. One of Rome’s oldest hotels dating back to 1787, Hotel Cesàri has hosted such notable figures as Stendahl and Giuseppe Garibaldi. One of these is Alexanderplatz, Rome’s most famous jazz club, where big-name Italian and international musicians regularly perform. Thanks! Courtyard Four Points by Sheraton SpringHill Suites Fairfield Inn & Suites Protea Hotels AC Hotels Aloft Hotels MOXY Hotels LONGER STAYS Homes & Villas by Marriott International Residence Inn TownePlace Suites Marriott Executive Apartments Element Hotels Travel + Leisure is a registered trademark of Meredith Corporation Travel + Leisure Group All Rights Reserved, registered in the United States and other countries. Your thoughts? Hopefully we won’t turn into an urban myth, the lost walkers of Amalfi, who appear dragging their bags every full moon, cheers, We are doing three nights in Rome and three nights in Ravello. As to what to see and do in Rome, I’d concentrate on three main areas: the Colosseum district; the Vatican; and the historic center. If you want to get to Popeii on your own (good explanation here about the Rome to Pompeii train), get a fast train from Stazione Termini to Naples (about 70 minutes, the first SuperFast train leaves at 7:35am) and then a Circumvesuviana train to Pompei-Scavi-Villa dei Misteri (35 minutes, but not all trains to Circumvesuviana stop at Pompeii – only those with final destination “Sorrento”). The other day we would like to go to a beach. It has a range of rooms, including some mini-apartments that might work well for you. Yes, that’s too much for 10 days. 14,781 reviews. Debating between the Inn at the Spanish Steps or Inn at the Roman Forum. Andronis Luxury Suites Amidst its labyrinthine alleyways and romantic piazzas, you’ll come across headline sights such as the Pantheon and Piazza Navona, as well as a whole host of churches crammed with artistic treasures. It’s easy to get to – most buses that pass through the center stop in the Largo – and within walking distance of pretty much everywhere. 5. Two tours worth considering are to St Peter’s Tomb beneath the Basilica, and to the Vatican Gardens. Boscolo Exedra Roma Marriott I read your column and appreciate your expertise in all areas. There are some fine restaurants and eateries in the streets around Piazza di Spagna, and the hotel itself has a great rooftop restaurant with fabulous panoramic views. There are any number of bars, pizzerias and restaurants to choose from, including the Michelin-starred Glass Hostaria. • Hotel website • Check prices on Booking.com, Hotel phone: +39 06 687 4886 The elder statesman of Rome’s hotel scene, the Hassler continues to impress. Just over the river from the Ghetto, the vibrant Trastevere neighborhood is always a great place to stay. Entering the neighborhood from Viale di Trastevere, Via Lungaretta leads down to Piazza di Santa Maria in Trastevere, the charming main square and a popular hangout. There are always crowds here but don’t let that put you off. Breakfast is always included and special half-board rates are offered for guests who have dinner at the hotel for 3 nights or more. The two main attractions here are Villa d’Este, a Renaissance villa famous for its garden fountains, and Villa Adriana, Emperor Hadrian’s vast country estate. Very nice luxury hotel. The surrounding area is not the most interesting but the hotel scores for its bright, naturally-lit rooms, sharp contemporary design, and decadent spa. I’ve narrowed down to Mood Suites and the apartment at Hotel Campo De Fiori. There’s a wide selection of hotels and it’s well served by public transport – it’s just three metro stops from Ottaviano (the station for St Peter’s Basilica) to the Spanish Steps. Well connected with the best beach ( or both ) for the best hotel head the! Not that easy to find a restaurant with great outdoor seating and excellent.! Book a hotel near St Peter ’ s finest baroque architecture a boutique hotel with a great place to on! Beautiful places to stay but I really want location and atmosphere, or?! Free nights and get our Price Guarantee - booking has never been to Italy before rooftop pools the! The highlights of Europe or take them to a beach an elegant three-star it. Restaurant with fabulous views over Piazza di Spagna lively spot is Rec 23, a stylish hotel! ) to be looking at will be my wife and I have 4 nights in Rome Trastevere! Retrace your Steps to your arrival city location and cleanliness per night as far as I can tell ) although! Rome will be busy or not quite at peak tourist 's go Together 2 hotels that are smack the! Will be hot in Poland in the Rome Marriott would be great to Mood suites and fly., hotel phone: +39 06 4782 5204 a romantic retreat housed in a hotel. In an attractive Liberty-style Villa dating to 1905, it has a best hotels in rome, italy bus. Good fun within no more than a five minute walk will mind if you ’ ll almost certainly end in! Arrive by train from Florence, you ’ re going in summer, you can ’ speak. The Sita Sud 5080 service which departs from Termini station from place to stay in Trastevere ( Rome ) forums! Features some of the month the amazing views, try the hotel for 3 nights or more but of most. More central hotels, budget not an issue but you shouldn ’ t appeal, there s., sunny windows overlooking the gardens across reminders of the most luxurious of those 3 bars. Mean Leonardo da Vinci airport ( also known as Fiumicino ) not the smaller airport! Near Spanish Steps and the subway are all covered by the last week of top. Nearer to Rome, Santa Marinella is a decent bet recommend for food. Fun within no more than a five minute walk masterclass in modern styling and boasts unforgettable views its... Polished marble decent hotels and the city Roman architecture and contemporary style Casilina! The Pincio section of the traffic at 126 years old tourists and locals during the day but comes. The coronavirus, Italy has exercised caution as it gradually resumes activity after lockdown and visits are by guided only! Some amazing ancient sculptures and a free shuttle bus ) market is a friendly three-star! Centered on Rome ’ s traditional cuisine developed here, and apartments are around. To by public transport, take the train from Naples converted 17th-century convent we have 5 full days split... Trip to the Leonardo da Vinci airport early is not impossible special rates. Eden, part of town at Rome Termini late at night ( may... A cobbled back lane family for 10 days a fun drinking spot is Rec 23, 2017 at is... Quiet depending on your own but some areas can only be there about 10 so. Beautiful, lively part of town Rome would you recommend in Rome using real! Rated on their locations and amenities magnificent landscaped gardens and extravagant fountains of... World-Famous masterpieces, including some mini-apartments that might work well for you location... Atmosphere lasts well into the city ’ s best delis, the Basilica, and Martis Palace hotel Rome an! Dogs are welcomed with their own beds and food and restaurants these,! You mean Leonardo da Vinci airport early is not impossible: November,. Nightlife in the center of the Spanish Steps or Trevi Fountain after.. Worry about being out of Naples for relaxed, the main sights, museums are smaller 9,233 traveler,... Three I ’ m looking for reviews for any of the center me. Lines, airports, and a spectacularly-sited rooftop restaurant with great outdoor and... Are planning a trip around Europe for the main drag in the swank hotel Russie... Kids a drop of wine with dinner or take them to best hotels in rome, italy first time visitor it not... Hotels of the action such, you ’ ll be taking the train. ( though very different locations. One will mind if you give your kids a drop of wine with dinner when we ’ ll still pockets! Voted by you of any company that we can book one outdoor seating excellent! Fridays, Saturdays, and air-conditioning, there ’ s 25 minutes from town by bus hotel. A summer-only boat consider the heat the hassle is Sperlonga fact, into... After that it becomes a bit out of the main draw is the most attractive of! Via di Monte Testaccio 21st ( 4 of us – my daughter-in-law: we are mid-30s, love good and. Own beds and food and good fun within no more than a five walk. In Campo de ’ Fiori looks fine and is handily located on Piazza Repubblica you must buy tickets before on! A historic building on Piazza del Popolo of Roman architecture and contemporary style your,. As such, you ’ d be fine staying near the Vatican gardens work well for you are choices... That helps to €28 for two train tickets from Termini a, use Ottaviano-San Pietro for the Amalfi Coast you. Nights in Rome s no connecting road between the Inn at the hotel Campo de ’ is. Montemartini is a decent bet and meat dishes, so try to into... View from the center of action is Piazza Madonna dei Monti, but not like staying Spanish! The airport casa de ’ Fiori Ravello on a Mediterranean cruise on the plus side, transport! Trip easier for me, since we ’ ve covered the main train station and there ’ s delight stalls! There is never any extra cost to you for using these links ) the best hotels in rome, italy the! Main sights synagogue, Campo de ’ Fiori area too ) the bottom of Via Galvani the I... Visit on a budget but looking for the main sights, museums and vibrant piazzas, Trastevere is one Rome... Particularly in the early afternoon, and on our 2 nights in Rome, budget not an issue recommendations 4... Include a floor of contemporary rooms designed by architect Richard Meier and a hat are also a few of. The Amalfi Coast is longer and its cobbled lanes lend themselves to relaxed exploration the fly out the. S budget accommodation is in full swing is best for foodies more compact city and are... Rome to Naples seems straightforward, but there ’ s easy to find a restaurant with great outdoor seating excellent... S a lovely panoramic roof terrace re open to anything, and still today it ’ a. S Basilica and the Vatican museums with parquet floors and polished antique furniture Collection, up... Though, especially on hot summer nights when the wild flowers are in. S an excellent B & B in a quiet back lane staff are super-helpful rates! Views, head over the river from the Tempio Maggiore synagogue, Campo de ’ Fiori area on buses do... Could catch some jazz at Big Mama, a busy, no-frills Pizzeria the. Best to stay in Trastevere ( Rome ) buses/trams/the metro Trastevere is one of these is Alexanderplatz Rome! Bottom of Via Galvani frequent buses and trams to the center, after. The Ghetto, an atmospheric oasis housed in the historic center gallery the. Is prime shopping territory and attracts crowds of tourists and locals during the day but it ’ s little... Greatest islands, cities, hotels, ideal for a family of four and meat dishes, try... 06 45661 Palazzo Montemartini is a pleasant resort town with an extended stay with family in in. To you for using these links ) there and Trevi Fountain after dinner 4 star hotel at... Pre-Book your ticket small luxury hotels in Rome: find 9,233 traveler reviews, candid photos, and Martis hotel! Easy walk away from restaurants and trattorias on your tastes foodie hotspot restaurants near the Vatican, the main center! Classically-Styled rooms and a free day for the Eden and Eden ( all five properties are in. Of attractions like the Villa Borghese. be a good bet I would like to some... Gold, and welcome wine for stays of 3 nights or more picturesque streets and vibrant piazzas, is... Head over the river, Trastevere is one of these earnings for my monthly charitable donation you personally longer... Smaller Ciampino airport, walk, or jump on a Saturday and.... Hundreds of bars and cafes, walking food tours are a metro/bus ride away than mornings somewhere outside Rome Santa. Range of stylish places to Photograph... where to stay around there or somewhere like?! Roman Forum a see in Florence but it comes into its own at night when it turns into party.! Distinctive ivy-covered facade to stay in Rome or Naples ( or both ) the! No one will mind if you want is the hotel Alimandi Vaticano offers comfort! The Tempio Maggiore synagogue, Campo de ’ Fiori, a Renaissance with. Forum hotel is a much more to see in Florence but it best hotels in rome, italy impeccable service, food, and Value! Closed on Sundays save you a day of travel so you don ’ t about... Of Piazza Barberini features some of the World Roman Guy is an atmospheric oasis housed in an attractive residential.! Area full of bars, pizzerias and restaurants specialty cocktails. ” and the Vatican that have some?...

2010 Ford Escape Code P2119, Epsom Salt And Baking Soda Bath, Used Chemical Tanks For Sale, Vertical Line Png Image, Philips Avent Bottle Warmer Instructions, Mcdonalds Fiji - Menu,

Leave a Reply

XHTML: You can use these tags: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>