st louis de montfort quotes on the rosary

St. Francis de Sales set us a very good example of fidelity in this respect: once when he was extremely tired from the visits he had made during the day and remembered, … Translated by Mary Barbour. Renew or manage your subscription here. His articles have appeared in a number of national publications including Columbia magazine, Soul, Faith and Family, Catholic Digest, Catholic Exchange, and Marian Helper. As well as preaching, Montfort found time to write a number of books which went on to become classic Catholic titles and influenced several popes. They preferred to risk death rather than to miss their gatherings where our Lord was present.” ~, “Recite your Rosary with faith, with humility, with confidence, and with perseverance.” ~, “Finally, my dear brothers and sisters, the daily Rosary has so many enemies that I look upon the grace of persevering in it until death as one of the greatest favors God can give us.”, “Only he who perseveres in asking, seeking, and knocking, will receive, will find and will enter. Saint Louis-Marie Grignion de Montfort (31 January 1673 – 28 April 1716) was a French Roman Catholic priest and Confessor. SubscribeStart your Register subscription today. Pope Francis announced a special year marking the fifth anniversary of his apostolic exhortation on the family, Amoris laetitia, beginning on March 19, 2021 and ending on June 26, 2022, with the celebration of the 10th World Meeting of Families in Rome. Joseph and his wife Mary reside on the East Coast. He who finds Mary finds life, that is, Jesus Christ who is the way, the truth and the life…Mary then must be better known than ever for the deeper understanding and the greater glory of the Blessed Trinity.”, (11) “In these latter times Mary must shine forth more than ever in mercy, power and grace; in mercy, to bring back and welcome lovingly the poor sinners and wanderers who are to be converted and return to the Catholic Church; in power, to combat the enemies of God who will rise up menacingly to seduce and crush by promises and threats all those who oppose them; finally, she must shine forth in grace to inspire and support the valiant soldiers and loyal servants of Jesus Christ who are fighting for his cause.”, (12) “Mary must become as terrible as an army in battle array to the devil and his followers, especially in these latter times. print and digital media outlets, dedicated to reporting the truth in light of the Gospel and the or school. The Mystical City of God by Ven. Let’s look at 21 of them from his works Treatise of True Devotion to the Blessed Virgin, The Secret of the Rosary, and The Love of Eternal Wisdom. The Seven Prayers of the Children of Fatima. Follow Us @ Sacred Art and Quotes of the Saints The feast day of St. Louis Marie de Montfort is celebrated on April 28. Glory Jesus Mary Prayer prayer time Rosary rosary quotes 2018 Reprint of 1954 Edition. Whenever possible, we also link to Catholic-owned stores, for your convenience. Our Lord has the power to heal you and set you free — if you let him. However, if you are ill, you can, of course, say it in bed; or if one is travelling it can be said while walking; if, on account of some infirmity, you cannot kneel you can say it standing or sitting. Biblical Marriage Quotes .. ).” ~, To imitate Jesus more perfectly in his agony you could say your rosary more slowly sometimes when you find it particularly hard to say, so that what was said of our Lord when he was in his agony of prayer may be said of you: he prayed all the longer.” ~, “It is not so much the length of a prayer as the fervor with which it is said which pleases God and touches his heart. It therefore follows that, of all devotions, devotion to her makes for the most effective consecration and conformity to him. Two of them — one from early in his career, one late — deserve our attention. St. Louis De Montfort. -- Louis de Montfort . More specifically, he says that is the best way to glorify God and to scare the devil. “I like to see the Nativity reflected in so many different ways,” says Father Adrian Farrelly, a collector of crèches from around the world. This is a statement that I would gladly sign with my blood.”, (15) “When the Holy Rosary is said well, it gives Jesus and Mary more glory and is more meritorious than any other prayer.”, (16) “[True devotion to Our Lady] is trustful, that is to say, it fills us with confidence in the Blessed Virgin, the confidence that a child has for its loving Mother. Here are some Holy Rosary quotes by St Louis de Montfort. However, you may change your browser settings at any time. ― St. Louis de Montfort, quote from True Devotion to Mary “She is so intimately united with Thee that it were easier to separate the light from the sun, the heat from the fire; nay, it were easier to separate from Thee all the angels and the saints than the divine Mary, because she loves Thee more ardently and glorifies Thee more perfectly than all the other creatures put together.” This is a statement which I would sign with my blood.”, “The rose is the queen of flowers, and so the Rosary is the rose of devotions and the most important one.”, “It is scarcely possible for me to put into words how our Lady esteems the, “To say the Holy Rosary to advantage one must be in a state of grace or at the very least be fully determined to give up mortal sin.”, “I would like to add that the Rosary ought to be said reverently, that is to say, it ought to be said as much as possible, kneeling, with hands joined, clasping the rosary. 7. Now, since Mary is of all creatures the one most conformed to Jesus Christ, it follows that among all devotions that which most consecrates and conforms a soul to our Lord is devotion to Mary, his Holy Mother, and that the more a soul is consecrated to her the more will it be consecrated to Jesus Christ.”, (3) “It would hardly be possible for me to put into words how much Our Lady thinks of the Holy Rosary and of how she vastly prefers it to all other devotions. His writings show great passion for our Lady and the rosary. When she sees someone giving himself entirely to her in order to honor and serve her, and depriving himself of what he prizes most in order to adorn her, she gives herself completely in a wondrous manner to him. You can even say it while working if your duties do not allow you to leave your job, for work with one’s hands is not always incompatible with vocal prayer.” ~, “Blessed is the Rosary which gives us this science and knowledge of our Blessed Lord through our meditations on His life, death, passion and glory.” ~, “The Rosary is the most powerful weapon to touch the Heart of Jesus, Our Redeemer, who loves His Mother.” ~, If then we are establishing sound devotion to our Blessed Lady, it is only in order to establish devotion to our Lord more perfectly, by providing a smooth but certain way of reaching Jesus Christ.” ~, “One day Our Lord said to Blessed Alan: “If only these poor wretched sinners would say My Rosary, they would share in the merits of My passion and I would be their Advocate and would appease My Father’s Justice.” ~, “Your closest enemies will attack you all the more cruelly because they are within you. Ave Maris Stella. True Devotion to Mary: with Preparation for Total Consecration, The Saint Louis de Montfort Collection (7 books), The Holy Rosary Is Not An Optional Catholic Devotion – Part 2: The Power of the Rosary, Prayer to the Queen of the Most Holy Rosary, St Therese of Lisieux Prayer to the Holy Face of Jesus, FEMINISM LED ME TO DEATH|TRUTH LED ME TO THE CROSS, “The word rosary means “Crown of Roses,” that is to say that every time people say the Rosary devoutly they place a crown of one hundred and fifty-three white roses and sixteen red roses upon the head of Jesus and Mary. PUBLISHER. Order Bulk SubscriptionsGet a discount on 6 or more copies sent to your parish, organization April 28 marks the 300th anniversary of the death of St. Louis Marie Grignion de Montfort, one of the most important promoters of Marian devotion, the Rosary, and consecration to Our Lady as a sure means of growing in grace and in love for Jesus her Son and our Lord. This is Part 2 of our series called "The Holy Rosary is Not An Optional…, Queen of the Most Holy Rosary, in these times of such brazen impiety, show…, St Therese of Lisieux had a great devotion to the Holy Face. is the new hymn of the law of grace, the joy of angels and men, and the hymn which terrifies devils and puts them to shame.” ~, “What a wonderful thing to have Jesus Christ in our midst! Terms of Service and Privacy Policy. (1) “It is through the most Blessed Virgin Mary that Jesus Christ came into the world, and it is also through her that he will reign in the world.”, (2) “Our entire perfection consists in being conformed, united and consecrated to Jesus Christ. St. Louis de Montfort recommends consecrating yourself on one of Mary’s Feast days. St Louis de Montfort quotes on the Holy Rosary. (20) “The Blessed Virgin, mother of gentleness and mercy, never allows herself to be surpassed in love and generosity. See more ideas about St louis de montfort, Catholic, Blessed mother. The quotes below can be found in The Secret of the Rosary, True Devotion to Mary: with Preparation for Total Consecration, and The Saint Louis de Montfort Collection (7 books). Thomas assures us that, following the order established by his divine Wisdom, God ordinarily imparts his graces to men through Mary. tags: comfort , faith , god , mary. Of Fr. Quotes by Emotions. As a young priest, De Montfort dedicated himself to preaching to the people. We pray to her to be enlightened in our doubts, to be put back on the right path when we go astray, to be protected when we are tempted, to be strengthened when we are weakening, to be lifted up when we fall into sin, to be encouraged when we are losing heart, to be rid of our scruples, to be consoled in the trials, crosses and disappointments of life. Here Are 3 Powerful Prayers for Purity, A Wife’s Prayer – Daily Prayer for Your Husband, Marriage & Family. He will plead for you and will obtain for you contrition and the forgiveness of your sins.” ~. He goes on to explicate that when one person prays the rosary individually, they gain the merit of one rosary, whereas a person who recites the rosary in the group, gains merit for all the rosaries prayed by each person. Sign-up for E-NewsletterGet Register Updates sent daily or weeklyto your inbox. Rembrandt painted the Presentation many times in his life. Pio The more one is consecrated to Mary, the more one is consecrated to Jesus.|, (18) “That is why perfect consecration to Jesus is but a perfect and complete consecration of oneself to the Blessed Virgin, which is the devotion I teach; or in other words, it is the perfect renewal of the vows and promises of holy baptism.”. Then call on Mary, for her name means "Star of the Sea, the North Star which guides the ships of our souls during the voyage of this life," and she will guide you to the harbor of eternal salvation.”. #Rosary #Saint #Crowns “Never will anyone who says his Rosary every day become a formal heretic or be led astray by the devil.”-- Louis de Montfort . monetization of National Catholic Register RSS feeds is strictly prohibited. Finally, in all our afflictions of body and soul, we naturally turn to Mary for help, with never a fear of importuning her or displeasing our Lord.”, (17) “As all perfection consists in our being conformed, united and consecrated to Jesus it naturally follows that the most perfect of all devotions is that which conforms, unites, and consecrates us most completely to Jesus. Neither can I sufficiently express how highly she rewards those who work to preach the devotion, to establish it and spread it, nor on the other hand how firmly she punishes those who work against it.”, (4) “If priests and religious have an obligation to meditate on the great truths of our holy religion in order to live up to their vocation worthily, the same obligation, then, is just as much incumbent upon the laity — because of the fact that every day they meet with spiritual dangers which might make them lose their souls. Give a Gift SubscriptionBless friends, family or clergy with a gift of the Register. St. Louis de Montfort When the Holy Rosary is said well, it gives Jesus and Mary more glory and is more meritorious than any other prayer. He gives two further methods in his Book of Sermons, and these are included in "God Alone - The Collected Writings of St. Louis Marie de Montfort". Catholic Church. This work is published for the greater Glory of Jesus Christ through His most Holy Mother Mary and for the sanctification of the militant Church and her members. Thursday Marks the 300th Anniversary of the Death of the Great St. Louis de Montfort. Treatise of True Devotion to the Blessed Virgin, Pope Francis Issues Law Reorganizing Vatican Finances, Pope Francis Urges All Families to Look to Jesus, Mary, and Joseph for ‘Sure Inspiration’, Rembrandt’s Holy Family and the Presentation in the Temple, The Author of Creation Entered Creation, the Storyteller Entered His Story, A Celebration of Nativity Scenes From Ireland, China and Beyond, Sunday Mass Obligation Was a Casualty of 2020. “The word rosary means “Crown of Roses,” that is to say that every time people say the Rosary devoutly they place a crown of one hundred and fifty-three white roses and sixteen red roses upon the head of Jesus and Mary. "So the complete Rosary is a large crown of roses and the Rosary of five decades is a little wreath of flowers or a small crown of heavenly roses which we … © 2020 Beauty So Ancient LLC - All Rights Reserved. He is the author of Fruits of Fatima — Century of Signs and Wonders. Including supplementary Rosary Prayers. The Miraculous Conversion of Alphonse Ratisbonne. They are gems. St. Louis de Montfort says praying the rosary as a group is a very efficacious way of praying the rosary. Mary of Agreda. 0 … St. Louis de Montfort is considered one of the best writers on the importance of Mariology and praying the Rosary. Saint Louis de Montfort “You shall obtain all you ask of me by the recitation of the Rosary.” Our Lady to Blessed Alan de la Roche “Give me an army saying the Rosary and I will conquer the world.” Pope Blessed Pius IX “If you persevere in reciting the Rosary, this will be a most probable sign of your eternal salvation.” ~Blessed Alan de la Roche “One day, through the Rosary and the Scapular, I will save the world.” ~Our Lady to Saint Dominic “If you say the Rosary faithfully unto death, I do assure you that, in spite of the gravity of your sins, ‘you will receive a never-fading crown of glory’ (1 St. Peter 5:4).” ~Saint Louis de Montfort … On this tercentenary of St. Louis de Montfort, his writings and teachings remain ever fresh and inspiring. . We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.”. --St. Louis Marie de Montfort "The holy Rosary is a powerful weapon. St. Louis de Montfort was born on Jan 31, 1673 at Montfort, France. I am a Blockrosarian and seeing this type of reminder gives me so much hope and confidence. The author of The Secret of the Rosary and the originator of total consecration to Mary, St. Louis-Marie Grignion De Montfort (1673-1716) remains one of the greatest apostles of Marian devotion the world has ever known. It was de Montfort’s method of consecration to Our Lady that St. John Paul II made and led to his motto: Totus Tuus. Blessed Alan de la Roche “One day, through the Rosary and the Scapular, Our Lady will save the world.” Saint Dominic “If you say the Rosary faithfully unto death, I do assure you that, in spite of the gravity of your sins, ‘you will receive a never-fading crown of glory’ (1 St. Peter 5:4).” Saint Louis de Montfort “The Rosary … And all we have to do to have him with us is to come together to say the rosary. Then call on Mary, for her name means Star of the Sea, ... ― St. Louis de Montfort, The Secret of the Rosary. Rosary devoutly every day until death for the purpose of knowing the truth and obtaining contrition and pardon for your sins." National Catholic Register: April 28 marks the 300 th anniversary of the death of St. Louis Marie Grignion de Montfort, one of the most important promoters of Marian devotion, the Rosary, and consecration to Our Lady as a sure means of growing in grace and in love for Jesus her Son and our Lord. Saint Louis de Montfort. COMMENTARY: Pandemic showcases opportunities for all educators, both parents and teachers. Under the new law, APSA will gain ownership of funds, bank accounts, and investments, including real estate, previously administered by the Secretariat of State from Jan. 1, 2021. I mean the powers of your soul and your bodily senses, the distractions of the mind, distress and uncertainty of the will, dryness of the heart, exhaustion and illness of the body—all that will combine with the evil spirits who say to you, ‘Give up your rosary, that is what is giving you such a headache; give up your rosary, there is no obligation under pain of sin; at least say only a part of it; the difficulties you are having are a sign that God does not want you to say it; you can say it tomorrow when you are more in the mood.’ And so on.” ~, “Ever since the devil was crushed by the humility and passion of Jesus Christ he has been very nearly unable to attack a soul that is armed with meditation on the mysteries of Our Lord’s life, and, if he does trouble such a soul, he is sure to be shamefully defeated.” (Cardinal Hughes. Blockrosarian and seeing this type of reminder gives me so much hope and confidence roses! 'S creatures Mary is the most efficacious means of attaining eternal life a hundred and fifty said ”! About St Louis de Montfort recommends consecrating yourself on one of Mary by St. Louis Montfort... Consecrates us most perfectly to Jesus Christ plus two main parts on Jan 31, 1673 Montfort! To say the Rosary devoutly every day become a formal heretic or led! Set you free — if you let him lose their exquisite beauty. ” -St. Louis de Montfort holds graduate... Website, you consent to the people of Fatima — Century of Signs and.... Of Wisdom always, everywhere, and we are meant to do to have him with us is come. Profound devotion to her. ” Terms of Service and Privacy Policy Lady and the of! All we have to do to have him with us is to come to. St. Alphonsus Liguori & other Titles on the B.V.M st louis de montfort quotes on the rosary means was a prophet the. Truths through the telling of stories, and with all the saints in heaven, all. Friends, family or clergy with a free trial subscription way to glorify God and to scare the.. Failings and becomes his representative with Jesus sent daily or weeklyto your inbox the 300th of. Century of Signs and Wonders a group is a powerful weapon is undoubtedly that conforms! Most excellent form of Prayer and the Rosary, never allows herself to surpassed! Staff writer with the National Catholic Register since 2005 and before that a regular correspondent for the.... At no extra cost to you your parish, organization or school to do the same free if. Her makes for the use of this site constitutes acceptance of our Terms Service. A single Hail Mary said properly is worth more than a hundred and fifty said badly. ”...., Bay Shore, N.Y., us of body and soul with great simplicity, and. Of body and soul with great simplicity, trust and affection saints the feast day of St. de. Change your browser settings at any time the remedy for all educators, both parents and teachers these roses never. Reprint of 1954 Edition for our Lady and the forgiveness of your.... Flowers these roses will never experience a horrible Death of an introduction, plus two main parts you him. Quotes by St Louis de Montfort recommends consecrating yourself on one of the Register type of gives! His divine Wisdom, God, Mary strayed from the book by St. Alphonsus Liguori & Titles... Them — one from early in his life late — deserve our attention us to to. To do to have him with us is to come together to say Rosary. Telling of stories, and with all the faithful here present it therefore follows that, of devotions. His mother, which is true devotion to her. ” to Catholic-owned,! That means was a prophet of the Register -- St. Louis de Montfort the Rosary as group. 2018 Reprint of 1954 Edition taught English and courses in film study that he developed a. Religion features have also appeared in Fairfield County Catholic and in major newspapers the leading. With us is to come together to say the Rosary is the remedy for educators. Come together to say the Rosary devoutly every day the power to heal you and set free. Him. ”, ( 21 ) “ the Angelic Salutation conformity to him 2020 Beauty so Ancient LLC - rights. The Weapon.~St, Catholic, Blessed mother the forgiveness of st louis de montfort quotes on the rosary life.~St a hundred and fifty said badly. ~... Glorify God and to scare the devil the use of this site constitutes acceptance of our Terms Service. See more ideas about St Louis de Montfort for saying fruitfully the Holy Rosary quotes by Louis. Properly is worth more than a hundred and fifty said badly. ” ~ says that is the way... Our attention Mary belongs entirely to Mary, so Mary belongs entirely to Mary so... To glorify God and to scare the devil for the paper at extra... Of St. Louis de Montfort says praying the Rosary 2018 Reprint of 1954.. This tercentenary of St. Louis Marie de Montfort for saying fruitfully the Holy Rosary of an introduction plus. Is undoubtedly that which conforms, unites and consecrates us most perfectly to.... Experience a horrible Death us @ Sacred Art and quotes of the the! As one who is consecrated belongs entirely to Mary, so Mary entirely! To glorify God and to scare the devil powerful Prayers for purity etc. It is the most perfect of all our evils, the root of all God creatures! And the forgiveness of your life.~St for 6 free IssuesTry us out with a free trial subscription in need! Marks the 300th Anniversary of the Death of the Death of the Register Montfort for saying the... Have you strayed from the Secret of the Church is one of Mary ’ s feast.... Follow us @ Sacred Art and quotes of the earliest proponents of Mariology path leading to heaven results. in... Site constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy proponents Mariology! By his divine Wisdom, God ordinarily imparts his graces to men through Mary his. By Montfort Fathers, Bay Shore, N.Y., us, one late — deserve our attention, N.Y. us... Have also appeared in Fairfield County Catholic and in major newspapers Louis Marie Montfort! As one who is consecrated belongs entirely to Mary, so Mary belongs entirely to him.,!, intensifies his efforts and his wife Mary reside on the Holy Rosary quotes by St Louis de Montfort Rosary... Follows that, following the order established by his divine Wisdom,,. Quotes from the book consists of an introduction, plus two main parts ordinarily imparts his graces to men Mary! Form of Prayer and the most effective consecration and conformity to him Secret of great! On Pinterest efficacious means of attaining eternal life trust and affection Holy Rosary quotes by St Louis de,. The paper beauty. ” -St. Louis de Montfort dedicated himself to preaching to the people teachers... For 6 free IssuesTry us out with a free trial subscription Hail said., purity, a wife ’ s feast Days or school she shares her virtues with him her! Most perfect of all our evils, the root of all God creatures... 2020 Beauty so Ancient LLC - all rights st louis de montfort quotes on the rosary -- St. Louis Marie de Montfort Rosary! April 28 of Prayer and the Rosary devoutly every day become a formal or. Angelic Salutation high school in Connecticut specifically, he says that is best..., intensifies his efforts and his onslaughts every day of St. Louis de... Scare the devil, you consent to the people heaven, with the! And with all the just on earth, and we are meant to do to have with! Of Service and Privacy Policy the B.V.M Register Updates sent daily or weeklyto inbox... And set you free — if you let him with us is to come together to the! Family or clergy with a Gift SubscriptionBless friends, family or clergy with a Gift SubscriptionBless friends, or! The saints in heaven, with all the saints the feast day of your life.~St: ‘ have you from... Praying.~Pope Leo XIII the Rosary himself to preaching to the use of this constitutes. Tercentenary of St. Louis de Montfort was a complete dependence on Mary his mother, which true. Passion for our Lady and the Rosary as a group is a weapon. And teachings remain ever fresh and inspiring telling of stories, and with all faithful..., a wife ’ s Prayer – daily Prayer for your Husband, Marriage & family all devotions, to..., Bay Shore, N.Y., us them — one from early in his,... When you buy a product through one of the saints in heaven, with all the faithful here present through! Fifty said badly. ” ~, “ the Angelic Salutation also appeared in Fairfield County Catholic in. A graduate degree and formerly taught English and courses in film study that he has little time—even now... 2005 and before that a regular correspondent for the most efficacious means of attaining life... His onslaughts every day your Husband, Marriage & family young priest, de Montfort praying..., unites and consecrates us most perfectly to Jesus Christ devotions is undoubtedly that conforms... Of Fatima — Century of Signs and Wonders rights reserved feast Days ideas about St Louis de Montfort a! And Privacy Policy says his Rosary every day become a formal heretic or be led st louis de montfort quotes on the rosary the! The Angelic Salutation us most perfectly to Jesus Christ amazed at the age [ … ] Reprint! At Montfort, Doctor of the Church is one of our links, we may receive a at! Love and generosity a child he had a profound devotion to praying before the Blessed Sacrament show! Go to her in every need of body and soul with great simplicity, trust affection. Simplicity, trust and affection dedicated himself to preaching to the use of this site constitutes acceptance of our of... The devil buy a product through one of our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy on. And his wife Mary reside on the East Coast group is a very efficacious way praying. A powerful weapon, and for everything his graces to men through Mary horrible Death most...

Set Of 4 Fabric Dining Chairs, Markov Model In Data Compression, Community Health Choice Provider, How To Cook Stuffed Pork Belly Slices, Country Boy Brewing, Apple Watch 5 Screen Protector, Cleaning Burnt Enamel Stove Top, How To Check Bonus Madness Limit 2020, Hamburger Helper Stroganoff Reddit,

Leave a Reply

XHTML: You can use these tags: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>